Saturday, 12 January 2013

Well aside from fighting off a splitting headache I've managed to get a bit more done on the rear end of the car. I've cleaned up the bolts and fitted one side. I'll get the other side tomorrow and get the wheels on the back end and finally get the shell off the axle stands. Then I can start on the front end.

Here's some photos of the bolts after 24 hours in the white vinegar:

Then I cleaned them up again with a wire brush, and put them in for another 24 hours, after which they looked like this with a final quick wire brushing to remove the now very loose rust. Then I got the bolts put through the suspension and tightened up:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.